Due TUESDAY: Crash Course Questions Answered
1. Finish GD Causes PPT (1920s - 30s PPT)
2. New Deal Structured Academic Controversy
CORE QUESTION: WAS THE NEW DEAL A SUCCESS OR A FAILURE?
Tuesday, in class: Review Documents provided and gather evidence on notetaker provided. (Notetaker collected for CK grade).
Tuesday HW: Read and annotate the Ch 23 outline provided in class with focus on success or failure of ND.
Wednesday, in class: Structured Academic Controversy (Pairs, Consensus, Quads, Consensus) -
Consensus Statement graded for Synthesis
Consensus Statement includes:
1. Announces and clarifies your groups' consensus
2. Acknowledges what others/opposition might say in regard to your decision and why this/these argument/s did not hold water for your group
3. Identify the potential impacts of your consensus (if others adopt your consensus, what consequences might that have? Classrooms? Lawmakers and government entities?
Wednesday HW: Reflect on today's CONTENT and PROCESS in an email to Ms. Libby
Due: Reflection questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Great Depression and New Deal Open Note Quiz (2 Short Answer, Open note, TIMED, no ipads/tech)
2. WW2 Overview
HW: Investigate assigned event re: WW2 in the United States to share tomorrow.